bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

September Reading List

In Cold Blood - Truman Capote The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams Voyager - Diana Gabaldon The Two Towers - J.R.R. Tolkien Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead

This is my first month of grad school and I'm expecting to be SUPER busy. In addition to grad school, I have a wedding shower to go to for my sister-in-law-to-be, a wedding for my cousin, my husband's birthday, a comedy fundraiser for my church, I'm starting my internship, and I have a bunch of other stuff going on, which does not leave a ton of reading time for me. So, I am limiting myself to a goal of 5 books for this month. I'm hoping that I'll read much more than that, but this will hopefully be more realistic.

In Cold Blood - this horror novel is on my book club's horror list. I'm really intrigued by it because it's based on a true story and I've heard that Truman Capote is a really fantastic author. Hopefully my experience with this is better than my experience with The Fog

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I first heard of this when I was in high school. My cousin had read it and she and her friends were obsessed with it (they tend to obsess over basically anything that they like even a little bit) and to be honest, the degree of their infatuation with the book kind of turned me off a little bit. Then, when I got to college, one of the friends that I made was also super into the book and she had me watch the movie. I didn't love it, but there were some funny parts, and on the numerous occasions when I didn't understand what was going on, she said, "You just have to read the book. Then you'll get it." Well, four years later, this book is on my book club's science fiction list and now I'm finally going to read it. Hopefully, I'll see what the big deal is about this book and I'll like it. If not, at least I'll get people's references to it now.

Voyager - this is the next book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Dragonfly in Amber ended on a very enticing note and I really can't wait to find out what happens next. Hopefully I'll be getting this book at the library soon!

The Two Towers - my book club is picking up Lord of the Rings again and I'm finally going to read The Two Towers! I have seen the movie once and it was pretty good, but, as with my other Tolkien experiences, I have high hopes of liking the book even better.

Shadow Kiss - ahh, my guilty pleasure read! This is the third book in the Vampire Academy series. As with Dragonfly in AmberFrostbite ended with a really exciting event and I am SO excited to find out what happens next! I have a feeling that I'm going to need a mindless read at some point this month and this one's it.

Well, these are my September picks! Again, I'm hoping to read many more than this, but I'm almost positive that I'll be able to at least reach this goal.

What are you reading this month? Have you read anything on my list?