bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

Would You Rather... Book Edition!

Reblogged from Jessica (HDB):

WOULD YOU RATHER...

1. Would you rather… only read trilogies or only stand-alones?

Honestly, I'd probably prefer to read trilogies. Stand-alones are great, but when I find a book that's reeeeeeally good, I just want to keep reading it. And trilogies kind of allow me to do that.

2. Would you rather… never be allowed to read the last chapter of a book but be able to read as many books as you want OR only be allowed to read one book a year, but be allowed to finish it?

Oh my gosh, this is so hard. On the one hand, not finishing a book would drive me CRAZY. At the same time, only reading one book a year would be horrible. But I think that, right now, I'd choose one book a year, because for this next year I'm going to be crazy busy and maybe I wouldn't notice if I only read one book?

No, I'd definitely notice. But I'm sticking with that simply because I have to choose one. Awful, awful options, by the way.

3. Would you rather… all books become movies or all books become TV shows?

Definitely TV shows. I think that TV shows lend themselves to better adaptations because there's not as much of a time constraint.

4. Would you rather... write a crappy book that is critically panned but sells millions of copies (and makes you millions of dollars) or write an award-winning book that sells a few thousand and leaves you in relative obscurity?

I'm going to have to go with an award-winning book. I wouldn't let a crappy book get published, haha - I'd keep it to myself until it's in great condition.

5. Would you rather… be a professional reviewer or a professional author?

Being a professional reviewer would be AMAZING. I would love to be a professional author, but I don't think I'm creative enough.

6. Would you rather… only read your 20 favorite books over and over or only read new books and never re-read your favorites?

Honestly, I think I'd rather only read my top 20. I love reading new books, but too often I read new books that I like, but I'm not passionate about. I could read my top 20 over and over again and never be sick of them.

7. Would you rather… have to read 50 Shades of Grey repeatedly for an entire year OR go to every showing of the movie at your local theater for a month?

Ugh. Can I pick neither? I have no respect E.L. James. If I must... movie. I'd rather watch that than suffer through her writing.

8. Would you rather… read 5 pages a day or 5 books a week?

Most definitely 5 books a week!

9. Would you rather...  always have to read out loud—IN A VERY LOUD VOICE THAT EVERYONE AROUND YOU CAN HEAR—or be unable to read and always have someone read to you?

Oh that would be so sad to not be able to read! I actually read books out loud like 90% of the time - IF there's no one around. But I'd be super embarrassed for everyone to hear me doing that, haha, so I might have to go with having someone read to me just to save myself from humilation!

10. Would you rather… read only female authors or male authors?

Female authors for sure. They're more in touch with their characters' emotions, generally, which I think helps with character development and we all know how big I am on character development!

11. Would you rather… only read physical books or e-books?

Looooooove physical books. Especially now that my Kindle died.

Tag people to do this quiz:

I don't do the tagging thing. If you want to take this, do! I'd love to see your answers :)