bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

Alright, tech-oriented people on booklikes... help, please!

I'm having a bit of eBook trouble. I've used a Kindle for the past 2-3 years and have never really had any issues... until last month, my Kindle died on me. It's past warranty, so there's really nothing I can do there except bite the bullet and get a new Kindle, IF I want to continue reading on a Kindle device.

Now, here's why that's a big if... my aunt gave me her old Nook for a wedding present! She wasn't getting as much use out of it as she wanted to, so she was kind enough to pass it along to me. Problem is, to my understanding, I can't transfer Kindle eBooks directly to Nook - which is pretty darn frustrating. I did find a tutorial online that explained how to jailbreak a Nook to essentially turn it into an Android tablet and then download the Kindle app, which would have been perfect, if it weren't for the fact that my nook is a 1st Generation Nook and not a Nook Color. So yes, my Nook is pretty obsolete in terms of technology - it's still functional, but I haven't been able to find any tutorials dealing with this problem that are relevant to Nooks as old as mine.

Would any of you be able to advise me on how to either jailbreak my super old Nook or convert my Kindle eBooks to files that are compatible with Nooks? I have a bunch of eBooks that I'd love to still be able to easily read (I know I'm able to read them on my laptop, but I'd really prefer to be able to read it on the Nook since it's more accessible and I really don't want to shell out the money for another device). And, please keep in mind that I am extremely new to this whole process, so if there's any way that you can break this down to layman's terms, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for any help that you can offer! :)