bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

Reading progress update: I've read 219 out of 418 pages.

Emma - Jane Austen, Fiona Stafford

Plodding through this slowly but surely with my book club.. thankfully, I'm all caught up with them (at least, I am with this book, haha). I haven't been able to read as much as I'd like because my wedding is in, um, 6 days - that's if you're counting today when it's 11PM and the day's almost over. So, yeah, I'm a bit preoccupied, though things are going well with all that. We just got approved for an apartment and will be moving in the day after the wedding, yay!

But anyway, back to book talk - the book is good. I'm having fun guessing who's going to end up with who. I'm assuming that none of Emma's predictions are going to be right, because what would the fun be in that? The questionnaires that my friend Lizzy has prepared for us are definitely helping to keep me motivated; I do feel that if it weren't for them I wouldn't be making such good progress. In my opinion, while this book is definitely a good one and I LOVE the protagonist even though she's a bit of a pain in the butt, this is a typical Austen novel in that it's difficult to get into. But it's also got moments of hilarity and it's chock-full of the typical ridiculous Austen characters who I love. So, so far so good!