bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

Reading progress update: I've read 37%.

Russian Roulette: How British Spies Thwarted Lenin's Plot for Global Revolution - Giles Milton

Very interesting read about the role of British spies during the Bolshevik revolution and its aftermath. It's written in an amusing way, and I think the author is a journalist, so it makes sense that it reads easier than the texts that I was required to read for my Russian history class last semester. Even so, I'm not reading this as quickly as I ordinarily would because I'm dividing my reading time among two other books, The Girl Who Played with Fire and  Songs of Willow Frost. TGWPwF is for my book club, so I'm reading that section by section, and SoWF is my personal read for entertainment at the moment... I felt that I needed a lighter read to mix in with this one, haha. So far, I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in espionage or Russian history!