bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

March Book Haul

The Fellowship of the Ring  - J.R.R. Tolkien Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald - Therese Anne Fowler Plain Truth - Jodi Picoult Darkside Sun - Jocelyn Adams The Best of Daughters - Dilly Court The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray America - Allison Pataki Mansfield Park - Jane Austen

My planned reads of March! :) Hope to read others as well!

The Fellowship of the Ring - This is on my book club's longer reads list and we're supposed to finish it this month. I've definitely been enjoying it so far and I wish I hadn't waited so long to read it. I can't wait to finish it and find out what happens next!

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald - And this one is on my book club's reader's choice list. I actually was the one who chose it, which means that I'm hosting it and coming up with discussion questions. I actually read this over the summer to prepare (we pick our books WAY in advance) and now I'm reading it with the group. It's a really fantastic book and it offers a fascinating view at the marriage of F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, though it's definitely one-sided. After I finish it, I hope to read Fitzgerald's major novels. I read Gatsby in high school, but have never read any of his other works.

Plain Truth - A few days ago, I issued a request for some Amish book recommendations, and this was YA Fanatic's response! I'm really excited to read it, especially after reading The Storyteller, and I placed it on hold at my library. By the way, if any of the rest of you have any other Amish recommendations, I still would love to hear them!

Darkside Sun - this is an ARC that I received from Entangled Publishing. Yes, the cover looks Twilight-esque *sobs*, but the plot magically combines paranormal fun stuff with the good old student+professor trope. Which meanssss lots of scandal! I'm excited for this - I expect it to be a mindless read, but as long as it's fun, I really don't care in this case.

The Best of Daughters - This is an ARC that I received from NetGalley. From the description, I gather that it's going to be a squeaky-clean love story (totally fine in my book) and what really drew me to it was the fact that in the blurb on NetGalley, it stated that fans of Downton Abbey would be in for a treat if they gave this a try. Well, I adore Downton Abbey, and I hope that I will not be disappointed!

The Traitor's Wife - this book was on the "new releases" list at my library and after reading the description, I immediately put it on hold. It's about the wife of Benedict Arnold, one of the most infamous traitors of the American Revolution. I actually know very little about Benedict Arnold but I'm also very intrigued by him, and the fact that this is apparently from his wife's perspective makes this book all the more enticing to me. I can't wait until it's sent my way!

Mansfield Park - last but not least, this is the March pick for the booklikes Classics discussion group. I actually attempted to read this a few years ago, but I never really got into it and moved on to other things. But I've had the same experience with a lot of other Jane Austen novels - the only one I finished on the first try was Northanger Abbey. It usually takes me a while to settle into her sense of humor. But, once I do, I absolutely love her writing and I get totally absorbed in the story. I hope that happens this time around.