bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

TMI Post

Saw this on A temple of words' page. I LOVE filling these things out, so obviously I borrowed it :)

1: What are you wearing?

Red pajama pants with snowflakes and wine glasses on them, my fiance's Irish long sleeve tee shirt that he got in high school (their mascot was the Fighting Irish), and my fiance's hoodie from his college. Don't judge, haha. I promise my outfit that I was wearing earlier was way cuter! :)

2: Ever been in love?

Yep yep! I'm marrying him in less than 4 months :)

3: Ever had a terrible breakup?

I have NEVER had a breakup, period. Dan's the one and only person I've ever dated - he was my first date, first kiss, first everything. So, I'm one of the lucky few who's never had their heart broken. And I'm so thankful for that!

4: How tall are you?

5'7"

5: How much do you weigh?

151lbs

6: Any tattoos?

Nope. I've occasionally considered getting a tattoo to represent my sorority since it means so much to me, but I haven't yet thought of a design that I know I'd want to have on me for the rest of my life. The two options that I most seriously thought about were having our motto, "ever forward" tattooed on the arch of my foot, and having our values (wisdom, power, faith, hope, and love) written in Greek down my ribs. But I never went ahead and got them. Plus, my mom had skin cancer like 10 years ago, and she read somewhere that the ink from the tattoo dyes your lymph nodes black, which makes it super hard to tell if cancer has metastasized. I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate, but when she read that, she made it super clear that if any of us got a tattoo, it would majorly hurt her feelings, since having cancer was such a scary part of her life. If I REALLY wanted a tattoo, I'd get one anyway, but I don't want one enough to justify hurting her feelings like that. So no tattoos for me, at least not at this point in my life!

7: Any piercings?

Just one in each ear. I've considered getting a second one in each ear, but to be honest, I rarely wear earrings as it is, so it seems kind of silly to get another piercing.

8: OTP?

Oh gosh. I can't possibly pick just one!! Here are my favorites, in no particular order:
Literary:

-Scarlett O'Hara and Rhett Butler (Gone with the Wind)
-Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice)
-Catherine Morland and Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey)

-Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley (Harry Potter series - my mom thinks I'm crazy for this and she was one of the like 10 people out there who were actually happy when J.K. Rowling stated recently that she regrets having them end up together).

TV:

-Lexie Grey and Mark Sloan (Grey's Anatomy <333333)

-Haley James and Nathan Scott (One Tree Hill)
-Blair Waldorf and Chuck Bass (Gossip Girl)

-Sybil Crawley and Tom Branson (Downton Abbey)

-Jess Day and Nick Miller (New Girl)

-Lily Aldrin and Marshall Eriksen (How I Met Your Mother)

9: Favorite show?

Wahh, another one I can't possibly pick!!! Seriously, I am a TV junkie. It's bad. Again, here are my favorites, in no particular order: One Tree HillGrey's AnatomyHappy DaysLittle House on the Prairie, Full HouseNew Girl30 RockHow I Met Your MotherParks and Recreation, Downton Abbey, Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries... I hope I'm not forgetting any, haha.

10: Favorite bands?

One of my all-time favorite bands is actually one that's from my hometown, Kingsfoil. Their drummer for the past few years was Frankie Muniz, he actually just left due to personal issues (among other things, he's had 2 strokes in the last year o.O). But they're fantastic, sort of a mix of The Fray and the Script, if you're into them. I also love Fleetwood Mac, Hall and Oates, the Maine, and Lana Del Rey (yes, I realize that she's not a band, but I've been listening to her non-stop for the last 6 months.)

11: Something you miss? .

Aside from my fiance? My school. I miss it SO much. Not classes, so much, but my friends. I went from seeing them every single day to not seeing them at all in the last 3 months. It's rough. Thankfully, weather permitting, I plan to go visit them with my little next weekend. I can't wait!

12: Favorite song?

Another one that I can't narrow down to just one! "Come to Me" by the Goo Goo Dolls is going to be my first dance at my wedding, so obviously that's up there. Also "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac and "Lets Smash the Hourglass" by Kingsfoil. "National Anthem" by Lana Del Rey is wonderful too; I especially love the music video - kind of like a black spin on the Kennedys? It's really cool.

13: How old are you?

22 - which means that I have free license to quote Taylor Swift at anytime between now and December 16 :P

14: Zodiac sign?

Sagittarius. I must confess, I don't follow zodiac, so I honestly have absolutely no clue what this says about me. I'm interested in learning more about zodiac signs because I do think it's a pretty interesting subject, but have no clue where to start. One of my co-workers is super into it though and she told me that Sagittarius are usually kind and sweet. I hope I live up to that reputation - I certainly try to!

15: Quality you look for in a partner?

Someone who I'm totally comfortable with, who accepts me for me and will stand by me no matter what.

16: Favorite Quote?

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." - Audrey Hepburn

This quote basically sums up my whole outlook on life. I try to be positive in every situation - even if things seem bad at times, I know that I have a pretty awesome life and I'm blessed to have so many wonderful people in it. I always try to look at the bright side, and this quote definitely expresses that. Also, Audrey Hepburn is one of my favorite people of all time.

17: Favorite actor?

Eric Dane is definitely one, mainly because of Grey's Anatomy. I also love Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Also Heath Ledger. I was devastated when he died </3

18: Favorite color?

I love purple, especially lavender (one of my wedding colors!). My favorite color to wear is blue.

19: Loud music or soft?

I like to listen to both, but regardless of what kind I'm listening to, I always turn the volume up WAY high!

20: Where do you go when you're sad?

My go-to place for any situation is my room. I share it with my sisters, but even so, it's the one place in the house that I really feel is MINE - which is hard to come by when you're the oldest of 6 kids! I think the reason for this is when I was younger and I used to be perpetually annoyed by my siblings (I appreciate them a lot more now, haha), my mom would always tell me that if I really wanted peace and quiet, I should just hang out in my room. So my room has become my sanctuary and I basically spend all of my time there. I think my mom regrets telling me that now, haha - I hardly ever leave it anymore.

21: How long does it take you to shower?

Usually about 10 minutes, unless I'm feeling lazy and the water's the perfect temperature... then it could be more like 15-20 haha

22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

Oh geez. Way too long. I hate how long my morning routine takes. It usually takes me a good 20 minutes to just get out of bed. Then I get my breakfast (and I usually read while I'm eating it), so that takes another half hour. Then I work out on the elliptical - that's 40 minutes. Then my shower - 10 minutes. My getting dressed/hair/makeup/straightening the room routine usually takes about another hour. So I'm lucky if I'm done by 11am. Thankfully, I don't start work til 1pm on weekdays.

23: Ever been in a physical fight?

Haha, other than with  my siblings when I was younger - no. I'm a huge wimp. And I don't count the ones with my siblings, because who hasn't fought with their siblings when they were kids?

24: Turn on?

A good sense of humor. Physically? This is super weird/random, but I love broad shoulders, haha.

25: Turn off?

Lack of initiative. If you're not motivated enough to attempt to pursue your dreams, which are supposed to be what you want most in the world, why should I waste my time with you? Note that this is different from success - it's one thing to try and not succeed; it's totally different to not try at all.

26: The reason I joined Booklikes?

I was horrified by what was going on at goodreads and I needed a new book forum. Booklikes was the first to catch my eye - and from the very first day that I joined, I was hooked. I absolutely love it here. Not only do I love the format, I also love the community. I know I've mentioned that several times, but I seriously get so much joy from interacting with fellow book lovers on here. I never felt like goodreads was super personal, and it's really refreshing to have found that connection with people on here. I do still have my goodreads account, mainly for cataloging purposes, but if Booklikes improves their cataloging, I'll probably end up shutting down my goodreads altogether. Also, I would LOVE if booklikes had an app. That would seriously be amazing.

27: Fears?

Haha, when I was like 4, I watched The Wizard of Oz for the first time. I was WAY too young for it and for some reason, after I watched it, I was afraid to go to the bathroom by myself at night - I was afraid the Wicked Witch of the West would be waiting to kidnap me. Don't ask me why I associated her with late night bathroom trips - I have no idea. But to this day, if I have to go to the bathroom at night, I hurry - it freaks me out. And no, I don't think the Wicked Witch of the West is waiting to kidnap me anymore, lol.

A slightly more rational fear that I have is of fire. I won't even light candles; if I have to light something, I get someone else to do it for me (usually Dan or my sister Elyse). I'm terrified of a) burning myself or b) burning the house down. As I'm super klutzy, either one of those is a very real possibility. I absolutely refuse to use those Zippo lighters, too; the only kind that I'd ever consider using are the ones with those triggers on them that kind of look like guns. I told my friend Kendra's boyfriend Justin this once and he laughed at me and told me that in all the times he'd used a Zippo lighter, he'd never burned himself once. And then a month later, he informed me that ever since I told him about my "irrational" fear, he'd burned himself every single time he'd tried to light something. Not so irrational, after all, huh?

28: Last thing that made you cry?

Okay, this is SO lame. But I watch Desperate Housewives when I work out - I use an elliptical machine, and I get SO bored unless I have something to distract me, so I watch Desperate Housewives on Netflix. Anyway, the other day, I was watching it, and I'm in the middle of season 2 and Gaby and Carlos had finally adopted a baby (well, okay, they sort of bought one and then kidnapped her when they thought that her birth father was going to try to take her back - no biggie). Well, then, the cops showed up with the birth mother, after the birth father had signed the paper waiving his parental rights to Gaby and Carlos, and the birth mother had decided to take the baby back. So there was nothing more they could do - the baby went back to her mom. And Gaby completely fell apart. The most selfish character on that show completely broke down because she'd finally found someone for whom she could be selfless, and that person was being taken away from her.

Well, I broke down too. And yes, that's lame, but it's true.

29: Last time you said you loved someone?

Last night, to Dan. Which is actually a REALLY long time for us to go without saying "I love you" to each other. So I'm gonna change that right now :)

30: Meaning behind your Booklikes Name?

I am DEFINITELY a bookworm. And blurbs goes nicely with that - alliteration and all that fun stuff :)

31: Last book you read?

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

32: The book you're currently reading?

Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte.

33: Last show you watched?

Chicago PD - I have to catch up with it; Sophia Bush is in it and she's one of my favorite current actresses, ever since she played Brooke in One Tree Hill. It's not a show that I'd usually watch, but it's actually really good. But very violent.

34: Last person you talked to?

Dan! We text constantly :) thank God for modern technology - it's been a saving grace in our long distance relationship.

35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?

Fiance :)

36: Favorite food?

Pizza and bagels. Not together. Although, a bagel pizza is pretty delicious.

37: Place you want to visit?

I'd love to go to London. So many of my favorite books take place there! Also, Italy - I love Italian food.

38: Last place you were?

Weis Markets (local grocery store) - I'm baking cinnamon raisin bread tomorrow, and I needed to buy ingredients.

39: Do you have a crush?

Other than my fiance? McSteamy and Damon Salvatore, of course ;)

40: Last time you kissed someone?

Romantically kissed? Like a month ago. Peck on the cheek? My dad last night.

41: Last time you were insulted?

I honestly can't remember. So I guess that's a good thing!

42: Favorite flavor of sweet?

Probably cherry.

43: What instruments do you play??

I've played piano for 18 years. I also used to play saxophone (very, very badly) and in high school, I played mallet instruments - bells, xylophone, marimba, tympani, you name it! Everything with mallets.

44: Favorite piece of jewellery?

My engagement ring, of course!

45: Last sport you played?

This isn't *technically* a sport, but I go swing dancing on Friday nights. And let me tell you, even though that's not a sport, it is most definitely a work out!

46: Last song you sang?

"Born to Die" by Lana Del Rey

47: Favorite chat up line?

Haha I don't use those. I think they're so corny. Dan has some pretty good ones (aka super corny) but I can't think of any at the moment.

48: Have you ever used it?

N/A

49: Last time you hung out with anyone?

Last night, when I went swing dancing! I go with Dan's sister Theresa - we get along really well :)

50: Who should answer these questions next?

Anyone who's interested! I love learning more about my booklikes friends!