bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

An Education

This book was SO good. I read it with my book club, thankfully, because otherwise I never would have heard of it. Barber's writing style is wonderful - she's witty, sarcastic, funny, and is so great at telling her own story. I really enjoyed reading it. She's led such an interesting life and I'm so glad that she wanted to share it with the world, because it truly is a wonderful story. I don't really have too much more to say about it. I would probably recommend this book to just about anyone over the age of sixteen or so (especially women), except for maybe my mother because Barber is occasionally a bit raunchy, but I think tastefully so, if that's possible (meaning that this isn't like 50 Shades of Grey). It seems that a lot of people reviewing this book take issue with it because Barber isn't really famous. I think that's precisely what makes it so amazing. She is an ordinary person who has lived an extraordinary life, not because she's done anything particularly exemplary, but just because the experiences that she's had are so very interesting. So yes, fabulous book, absolutely recommend it.