bookwormblurbs

Bookworm Blurbs

I'm back! (for good this time!!)

Well, I have reached the last week of my summer semester of grad school. All that stands between me and graduation is telling a story for my Storytelling course and writing a paper for my History of Children's Literature course! I'm almost done - my freetime is (mostly) back, which means that once my assignments are done, I can read again and actually have time to blog on here! Woohoo!

My summer has been fantastic, so far. On June 1, my husband Dan and I became the parents of a beautiful little girl, Olivia May! She's basically the best baby ever - already sleeping through the night on a fairly regular basis, and because she's so content during the day I've been able to get my schoolwork done on time! I love being a mom and I can't wait until school's done and I'm able to completely devote my attention to taking care of her. I've actually found a few mom-and-baby groups in my area and I plan to join them when school's done.

As for Dan, he's still working on his CPA. He took the third of four parts of the exam yesterday. We should find out how he did in about two weeks. He's not totally optimistic because he had a lot of distractions from studying this time around (I mean, we did just have a baby), but hopefully he passed, and then he'll be one step closer to being certified!

I hope you're all having a great summer filled with lots of fun outside and great books! Once I'm done with my school work, I'll make a post about what I'll be reading next - if you've read anything lately that really stood out at you, please pass the title along so I can check it out! Looking forward to catching up with you all! :)